Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, December 17, 2007

Life Getting In The Way of Life; Where Life = Work


Damn it.

The search for work continues, leading to a temp job Tuesday, Thursday & Friday of the week, with a job interview Wednesday on which it is difficult to comment. I'll get to that in a minute.

Tomorrow, I have a voiceover audition that I'm greatly looking forward to. It could be for repeat business, doing the sort of narration that's very Casey-appropriate. It's also at 12:45 and impossible to reschedule. I don't want to reschedule it, even if I could.

The burr in my shorts is over the temp job I have scheduled from noon to eight; and my necessarily late arrival is throwing it into question. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do.

I'm not missing this audition. If I have the opportunity to find some work in my field, then I'm going after it. I moved to New York for office work to accommodate my theatrical and voiceover careers, not the other way 'round.

This item is the umpteenth on my list of stressors at the moment. Single. Broke. Seeking work...

Speaking of work: The interview on Wednesday is for a charity organization; my job would be on the streets, seeking to enlist donors/givers/whatever the term is. Street work. I feel conflicted about this. I'm hesitant, but honestly? At this point I don't have the luxury to be picky! If the best job I can get is as a walking pop-up ad, so be it. I've submitted dozens of job applications in the last several days via Craigslist, and the grand total of responses has been one: The charity gig.

It's frustrating. Immensely so. The whole thing. On top of the returning health issue, necessary-and-unwelcome alterations to my work-out routine and the ongoing internal debate of whether or not I can make it to Maryland for Christmas.

Balls.

I need to vent. I need to unload some stress, hopefully at the gym. I need to get these things straightened out immediately if not sooner. I feel angry, frustrated and generally ticked that things have gotten to this point. Ain't life grand.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home