Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Attention Must Be Paid


I'd like to make this blog more positive. Frankly, I've had enough of the gloom and doom (although circumstances haven't changed). Anyway.

I want to talk about my aunt. My mother's sister, Riggin.

She's a writer. She's published her own work. She's worked for thirty years in various fields and done everything she needed. But she's worked. She's stayed employed. Outside of a cubicle.

She's made it work.

My Aunt Riggin has been a huge inspiration to me. She's brave, employed and all-around fantastic. I can only hope to live up to her standard. Seriously.

She's proven that a lifestyle off the beaten path can work. She gives me hope. I have no reason to believe it's possible other than that she's blazed this trail ahead of me. I can use all the hope I can get. For that, I'm grateful.

Very much so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home