Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, February 08, 2008

Be Pscyhed. Be Very Psyched.


Okay. This news has been on the periphery of rumor-radar for close to a year now, but the confirmation only makes it more exciting. Some very talented people are making The Fly into an opera. A freaking Opera. It's premiering in Los Angeles this September.

I cannot overstate how much I am looking forward to this. It has every chance to be phenomenal. Honestly? This is the sort of thing I would make a trip for, and I'm not a huge fan of opera. (I like it, but I couldn't name any favorite singers, composers, et cetera.)

I've proclaimed my love for David Cronenberg's treatment of the movie in the past, one of the rare instances where the remake is better than the original. (Also see The Thing.)

In the past I've stated to my friends, if not on the blog, my aversion to making musicals out of movies. I've yet to see one that blew me away. (I still have a bit of hope for Young Frankenstein.) If my desire to see this when it premieres makes me a hypocrite, so be it. I can only shrug and say, "Ya got me."

Ya got me.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad they're not making "The Fly" into a Broadway musical. I think it would be very interesting to see "Help Me" as a soft shoe number.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home