Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Few Thoughts on 'Lost'


I've been catching up on Lost while I've been waiting for my new job to start. I've been watching the behavior of the supposedly enigmatic 'Others', and their repeated statements that they're the good guys. Having given the matter sufficient thought, I believe I can find le mot juste that captures the antagonizing opponents to our beloved Losties. *ahem*

The Others are a right bunch of hypocritical douchebags.

Since the arrival of Oceanic Flight 815, the Others have kidnapped, murdered, enforced slave labor and wreaked no short supply of mental anguish upon our protagonists. And they have the gall to act surprised when the Losties fight back.

"I say, we've been a bunch of bastards, haven't we. If all goes according to plan, you'll continue accepting said needless cruelty. Hang on a tic! You're actually resisting us? Heavens, the effrontery!"

My favorite? My absolute favorite? A blonde woman named Colleen confronts Sun in the middle of a nerve-wracking assault on her own ship. Sun has a pistol, and Colleen assures her that Sun won't fire.

Sun fires. The Others get upset by this. It's ridiculous.

Anyway. My two cents.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Casey Jones said…

    I just found out that Pedro loves Lost. One more thing in common. Woo hoo!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home