Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Been A While


Folks, friends, to whomever reads this damn thing... things are going well. I'm working, I'm writing and I'm even dating. (If I didn't need a trip to the dentist, life would be just about squarely terrific.)

Two most significant updates: Work and Writing. I've been working in a production office for six weeks, now. It hardly seems possible that it's been that long, but things are going well and I will presently be going on salary. Woot. There's plenty of room to grow in the company, so as always please do pray.

Secondly (and I confess, more excitingly), the writing... My suspense thriller, Say a Prayer for Emily Hall, has gotten excellent response from everyone who's read it. (This includes complete strangers who have no reason to shield my eggshell-delicate ego.) If all goes well, the show will have a staged reading-- and possibly more-- with a theatre company in Los Angeles. At the same time, I'm hosting a staged reading of my own set for the 26th; and a director has expressed interest in submitting the script to a theatre company of solid reputation. These and other developments take time; but I'm fine with that.

Once the suspense thriller is finally put to bed (and possibly given a new title), I have my next project lined up: A children's story idea that would be pure fun to craft. Still, one project at a time. That's the only way to get anything done.

In preparation for yet another writing endeavor, I've given a great deal of consideration about God; lately. I've taken time to consider precisely what I know or think I understand about God, and finding it to be quite small. I *feel* small. I'd be delighted to discuss religious philosophy at length with anyone who's interested. It's too heavy for a blog. At least this one.

I hope you're doing well. Ciao for now.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jack Scheer said…

    As a newish, non-confrontational, respectful atheist, I'd be most interested in discussing religion, God, etc, with you. You know my #.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a life-long, non-confrontational, respectful Protestant, I'm always interested in discussing religion, God, et cetera, with you. You also know my number.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home