Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A First Tonight

Good Morning, all!

I have absolutely no reason to be so chipper today. And yet, here it is. The light at the end of the blah blah blah.

I am somewhat jazzed, however; tonight is the first night of Mystery of Irma Vep rehearsals where we'll be dealing with costumes. Woohoo!

Why is this such a big deal, you ask? Easy. It's a two man show. I play four characters. Four characters who, on occasion, talk to each other. Onstage. Yup. Tonight we pay homage to the velcro god with our humble (who am I kidding, we're actors) show. Hmm. Velcro god. There could be something there. Potential for a sketch, who knows.

In any case. We open on the 25th of March and run for four weekends. Anyone in the neck of the woods of Herndon, VA should scoop up tickets. There are a lot of season ticket holders, so there will be limited opportunity to get 'em. www.eldenstreetplayers.org. Neat!

Oh. One other glorious facet I neglected to mention: Nerf boobs. I am playing a woman or two in the show, and our costumer has been kind enough to provide me with enough decolletage to play a few rounds of tennis. With. Her boobs could serve as the balls, is what I'm going with there. Anyway. The last time I played a woman (or a guy pretending to be a woman) I was modestly (again, who am I kidding) lacking in the endowments. Strictly A-cup material.

No longer. No more will I feel the shame of playing a flat-chested woman. Lady Enid will be robust and voluptuous. Rock on.

Ooh. Feels good to say that. Been in a positively crummy mood of late, (seeing as how my girlfriend and I broke up) but it's great to feel the beginnings of the bounce back. Speaking of bounce, come check out Lady Enid's. Heh.

Rock on, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home