Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, May 23, 2005

Shakespeare Wrote Fondly of Sleep... Because He Could Never Get Any

I’ve been having difficulty sleeping for about a week, off and on. Not able to nod off until 2, then this morning I kept jarring awake at 4 and 5 in the morning. I was having a nightmare that the numbers in my clock/radio/alarm wouldn’t add up, so I had to keep checking to make sure they were going the right way. Weird stuff.

I’m not a fan of the insomnia. I know there are things on my mind that are contributing to it, but I’m not really able to do anything at the moment to resolve any of them, at least not from my perspective. Maybe I should just keep a rubber mallet by my bedside and tap myself lightly about the head until unconsciousness resumes. It’d be worth it to get a good night’s sleep. Besides, as my mother is fond of reminding me, my skull is plenty thick. It’s not going to be damaged by a rubber mallet. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home