Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, May 27, 2005

Time For An Overhaul

Great day in the morning!

For the last few days, I’ve given serious thought to turning Tuxxer into a television pilot. I’ve got a book or two on the subject, and I’m no stranger to writing scripts in their proper format. That’s not what I’m immediately jazzed about.

I’m immediately jazzed about an idea I had last night after reading some chapters in The Screenwriter’s Bible. One of the suggestions it offers, if you’re stuck, is to change the gender of a main character. Which is exactly what I’ve done. Tuxxer has been replaced… with Tahnima.

Tahnima and Tuxxer are virtually identical, personality-wise. Everything I loved about the character has remained; but the possibilities I’ve opened up by exchanging him for a woman are far and wide. I’m very excited.

Yes, this will require the comic book to be re-done. Only certain facets of other characters are being changed to adapt to this new alteration... and the art needed fixing anyway, unfortunately. Either way, I'd have had to do it over and this time, I've already got my team in place, for the most part. I don't know where I'm going to get the money to pay for it all, but we'll see. I'll make *something* happen.

I don’t want to give away too much, but I will say this: Tuxxer still exists as a character. He will make his appearances… but since his priority has changed, it’s opened up new possibilities for him, as well. And new choices.

Outstanding. I’ve already started work. I can’t wait to see where it goes. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home