Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Here's Hoping Some Work Comes Out Of It

I took the plunge and invested a little money in my voice-overs. There’s a website, http://www.voice123.com/, that allows those like myself to see dozens of notices for voice-over work, and answer them immediately. New ones come in literally every day. The site is very neatly done, well organized, and I even have my own page up on the site, where I posted my new headshot and both of my demo’s.

I’ve wanted to do voice-overs since I was in High School. Due to laziness and other effects amounting to a lack of motivation, I didn’t get demo’s made until *this year*. Oy. I joined one agency that hasn’t done much for me besides get the demo’s recorded, which was all I wanted out of them anyway. I sent my demo’s out to other agencies, with either a lukewarm response, or none at all.

Now, I feel like it’s back in my hands, a bit. It sure as heck beats sending out demo’s to people and businesses that never asked for them in the first place. Keep your fingers crossed. I’ll let you know if and when any genuine work comes my way. Or rather, I go and find said work…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home