Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, January 20, 2006

OH! One More Thing


At the restaurant: We’d been talking about the cartoon and other things we do in our spare time. The topic of different voices came up, Amanda mentioned the Australian.

God Bless The Australian. This is an accent I’ve used to fool natives (though I’ve yet to employ it onstage). It’s good.

Anyway: we were discussing the ‘effectiveness’ of the Aussie on the female ear. Rob looked dubious, so I demonstrated on our waitress, Claire. She’d heard my normal voice when I ordered dinner, asked for more water, so on. With my best Australian firmly in place, I asked her for a blank piece of paper. It was in my hand in three seconds, and she giggled. Like a school girl, she giggled. I thanked her, and she started off to check on her other patrons.

I looked to Rob, who couldn’t deny it had left an impression on her.

There was no point at all to this story, save to brag just a little bit and grin to myself.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home