Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, February 11, 2008

On Mojo, Or The Seeming Lack Of It


How to begin. Well, my name's Casey and I haven't had a first date lead to a second in almost two years. It wears thin.

One could say I'm having "a dry spell." Likewise, I could be steeped in "a slow year." However you paint it, I'm sick of it. Eharmony has paved the way to half a dozen dates in the past year; none of which have amounted to anything resembling a relationship. One or two of them, I didn't want them to. The rest...

I've made friends with a few guys up here; one's married, three others are in long-term relationships and one of my roommates is happily seeing someone. Three other guys I know seem to have no problem falling ass-backwards toward available women. Honestly, it's enough to make ya heave.

I know it'll supposedly "happen when it happens." But lemme tell ya, New York is one lonely city, in the wintertime or otherwise.

Crap.

No good will come from over-thinking this. I have no idea why it's been impossible of late to meet anyone promising. All I know for certain is that I'm fed up with it.

In (entirely different) other news, I had a wonderful evening with a friend of mine last night. Tried out a recipe for steak and homemade peanut sauce w/ broiled onions; which was delicious. As was the pie we made for dessert. We also watched a movie of her choosing; after which she went home. So: If I can't date, at least I can share a couch for a few hours with a nice girl.

Whatever it's worth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home